Monday, December 25, 2017

Ombre Orpiment - Cast On

Well, that could have worked out better.  I abandoned the Starburst Shawl because it curled like an ancient Roman scroll, so I went back to my pattern search and picked another pattern - Orpiment.  It is worked in garter stitch, even the lace.  I'm not especially fond of garter stitch lace, but it will get me in practice for my next test knit.  This is a very simple pattern and it will be easy to use up all of my yarn, although based on the pattern name my yarn really should be shades of yellow-orange.  According to Wikipedia:  Orpiment is a deep orange-yellow colored arsenic sulfide mineral.

Pattern - Orpiment by Heather Zoppetti
Yarn - The Unique Sheep Bright & Bold Advent Calendar 2017
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment