Saturday, December 30, 2017

Nature's Gem Celadon - Skeins 8 & 7 Done

For the second day of visiting in Florida I pulled this project out of my "backup" project bag.  I was having second thoughts on the other projects that I had started using the Unique Sheep Advent Calendar yarn so put those aside.  This is why I bring plenty of knitting with me.  When I ran the numbers on the quantity of yarn in the contrast skeins I determined that I should make the switch at row 89 of the Second increase section.  This would give me roughly equal amounts of the speckled yarn at both ends of the shawl.  But as I was working the pattern I noticed that the second increase section only goes to 104 rows, which isn't very far when you're working garter stitch, so I decided to wait and start the contrast skeins with the decrease, as the pattern actually calls for.  I am also working the skeins from 8 to 1 instead of from 1 to 8.  This is my first time using Kiri in any quantity and I really love it.  It has a great feel.

Pattern:  Celadon by Ambah O'Brien
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep  Kiri
 Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment