Saturday, December 2, 2017

Arctic Flow Capelet - Three Skeins Done

I finished up the third skein on this past Thursday.  I put it on two 40" cables connected together to get this shot, but ordered a set of US 9 needles with a 60" cable to continue knitting with.  My 40" cable is getting pretty crowded.  It appears that the yarn usage on this pattern works out to the second repeat taking about twice as much as the first working of the chart, and the third repeat takes about three times as much as the first.  My skein 2 is a pretty dramatic difference compared to my skein 1.  I was worried that maybe I mixed up the order of the skeins when I frogged my first attempt, but looking back at my stash pictures and pictures of other sets in other stashes online, I think I just have a bit of a mutant.  I like the look, regardless.

Pattern:  Ocean Blue Collar by Eline Oftedal, modified to be a capelet
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Super Wool Aran in Arctic Flow and Cinder
Needle:  US 9 (5.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment