Sunday, December 3, 2017

Ambah Advent 2017 - Day 3

So remember how I said I was just going to take each Unique Sheep Advent Calendar box as it came for my Adventurous shawl?  Yeah, well, then I opened the Day 3 box.  The picture doesn't quite capture the color, it is more magenta, but regardless, it is a pretty hot pink/red and it was a bit too jarring against the light blue speckle from Day 2.  So I caved and opened up all of the boxes.  Gorgeous colors, but not quite sure they would work all together in a single shawl.  Without getting too much into details for those who want to maintain the surprise, there are six speckles, six solids, six ombre and six gradiance.  I went online yesterday and ordered three skeins of gray to go with my yarn and I plan on doing the Adventurous Shawl Option B with the six speckles and six solids.  I have a few ideas for the other 12 skeins, so stay tuned.  I also renewed my Ombre club membership, this time on the fingering weight base Kiri (last year I got the DK base) thinking I could use two sets to make an Option A Adventurous Wrap.


Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Bright & Bold Advent Calendar

No comments:

Post a Comment