Thursday, May 24, 2012

Hibernia Socks - Finished!

I finished my second Hibernia sock this evening, and just in the nick of time!  The yarn for the next club pattern came today, along with my prize.  I think I am starting to catch the sock bug, although I still have a hard time wearing them, because, well, they will wear out if I do that and they are so pretty.

Pattern:  Hibernia by Janel Laidman, Knitterati Sock Club 2012
Yarn:  Mad Color Fiber Arts Classica in Emerald Forest
Needles:  US 1.5 (2.5 mm)

As I mentioned, the latest shipment came today, and the yarn is a lovely color, one of my favorites, in fact.  I wonder what the mystery will be this time around.  The yarn is Boneshaker Sock by Little Red Bicycle, 80/20 superwash Blue Faced Leicester/nylon in color heliotropium.
There was also a project bag.  Now I have three.
The one on the left came with the first shipment, the one on the right came with the second shipment and the one in the center came with this shipment.  It matches the yarn beautifully.  I used the other two with their respective socks, and shall continue the tradition.  And here is my prize.  A skein of Abstract Fiber Mighty Sock in Clover (appropriately enough, considering the theme of the last shipment).  The yarn is a 50/50 Superwash Merino/Tencel. It turns out I have a skein of Copper in my stash.
Patterns will be released tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment