Saturday, May 19, 2012

Calla Lilly Pullover - Redux - Body Done

This is the third and last of the original pullovers that I knit in Fiesta Yarns Boomerang that I decided to re-knit in a tighter gauge.  This is the Calla Lilly colorway and it was pretty crazy when I knit it the first time around.  It is amazing what changing the gauge will do with these variegated yarns.  Boomerang is listed as an Aran weight yarn, which frankly really blows my mind.  I knit Boomerang on Size 6 (4.0 mm) needles (the yarn band recommends a size 8) and I am not a loose knitter.  In fact I usually get gauge when knitting with commercial patterns.  Of course, now that I am on the last of these Boomerang sweaters I finally have the pattern dialed in.  I started out with the Sweater Wizard top down raglan pattern, but I modified the shoulder and neck shaping.

No comments:

Post a Comment