Sunday, May 27, 2012

Briar Rose Bolero - Lower Body Done

I actually cast this on in the wee hours of the morning.  I had fallen asleep on the daybed watching Turner Classic Movies and knitting on my Knitterati mystery socks (more on those later).  I woke up around midnight and shuffled off to bed, but once there I couldn't get back to sleep.  Bruce had actually already gone to bed and he woke up after I came up.  Neither one of us could sleep, so he grabbed his Kindle and I grabbed my knitting.  And, seeing as how it was now May 27, I decided to cast on my Camp Loopy project.  I picked this project because of the interesting construction techniques.  I wanted a somewhat challenging project that would still be doable in the time frame allotted.  The bolero starts off with some short row shaping to get the curved bottom edge, I did shadow wraps for the short rows.  You may recall that I tried the shadow wraps on my Boreal socks, but didn't really like the results, but for this application they were perfect, and so easy.  Now I get to go knit two sleeves up to the underarm.  The sleeves are then attached to the body and the knitting continues from there.

Pattern:  Briar Rose Bolero by Ysolda Teague
Yarn:  Dream in Color Classy in Cool Fire
Needles:  US 7 (4.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment