Monday, May 28, 2012

Tea Rose Shawlette - Chart B

Now that I have my time sensitive projects underway I decided to get back to one of my other works in progress.  I do love The Unique Sheep yarns and patterns, and picking up one of their projects does feel a bit like coming home to me.  I had set this one aside after working a couple of rows of Chart B because, quite frankly, that chart is just a bit of a pain to knit.  There is lace patterning on both right side and wrong side rows and it contains one of my least favorite lace stitch combinations: a yarn over to a purl stitch.  I have my own way of doing these that does not involve wrapping the yarn around the needle.  Instead I start the yarn on the far side of the needle, bring it across the top and purl the stitch by coming up under the right hand needle tip rather than across the top.  This resulting purl stitch is reversed (leading edge on the backside of the needle rather than the front side), which then slows the next row down as I switch the orientation.  A bit of a pain, but it does result in more uniform yarn over holes.  The next chart is a repeat of Chart A, which was actually a fun chart to knit.  But Chart D looks to be a variation of Chart B.  Sigh.

Pattern:  Tea Rose Shawlette, by Julia Temiseva
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Luxe in Tea Rose
Needles:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment