Saturday, May 19, 2012

Fresh Ink Cardigan

This color was the latest offering in The Quasi Yarn Club offered by Roxanne of Zen Yarn Garden.  The yarn is a new addition to her line, Serenity DK, a 90/10 superwash merino/cashmere blend.  The color is Fresh Ink.  (Being a long time fan of fountain pens I can relate to the name, although I usually pick wilder colors for my pens.)  I have been pondering what this yarn wanted to become every since it came, but have not found anything that really spoke to me.  When I first started searching I found the Hooray Cardigan.  I like the design elements, it reminds me of Audrey Hepburn, but after knitting my swatch the yarn just didn't seem all that eager to become that cardigan.  So I went back to the Ravelry pattern library (a very dangerous place to spend time, we won't talk about how many other patterns found their way into my library) and I came across the Cable Trim Pullover.  This one reminds me of classical Greece, which is one of my favorite historical periods and I even started knitting the bottom cable trim, but once again the yarn was not enthusiastic.  So this morning I went back to the pattern library.  I found some more nice projects, but still none of them really spoke to me.  I wanted something easy.  I will probably finish re-knitting my Calla Lilly Pullover this weekend and I need something for my work bag.  (I knit when I am listening to telecons, if I don't I start doing work and stop listening, I also knit when I am reading documents.)  I also wanted something that I would get a lot of use out of.  In the end I fired up my Sweater Wizard software and whipped up a simple cardigan.  I am knitting it in one piece to the arm holes, and will be doing top-down set in sleeves, which I haven't done in a while.  It will also have a collar.  I have knit three rows of the bottom ribbing.  The yarn seems happy, and so am I.

No comments:

Post a Comment