Sunday, May 6, 2012

Rosebud

And lest you think that I have suddenly gone on a green kick (I do seem to have a lot of greens on my needles right now), here is Rosebud, another shawl based upon the Circular Pi Shawl of Elizabeth Zimmerman, as put forth in the Over the Moon Pattern by Vicki Mikulak.  This one is to use up the remainders of my yarn from Le Petit Prince, the Love Spoken Here colorway on Luxe.  This is an easy way to use up leftovers and show off a beautiful yarn, because it isn't always about the pattern, sometimes it is just about the yarn, and the colors.  I am now trying to decide what to do for the border.  I really liked using another color as I did for the Tart Berries & Honey shawl, but I don't have the right color of Luxe in my stash.  In keeping with the rose theme I was thinking of a nice dark green.  Of course, that means that I will have to go to The Unique Sheep web site and find a color that I think will work (such a terrible fate, I know).

I am trying to get into the habit of weighing my skeins before I start knitting with them.  I don't do this consistently, yet, but I am working on it.  I am also trying to be more accurate on Ravelry when I enter how much yarn a project took, which is where the weighing of the skeins comes in.  When you have that special skein that you want to make something with and you're not sure if you have enough, this kind of data can really come in handy.  So, what I have been trying to do is when I start a project I weigh the yarn and adjust the total amount in my stash on Ravelry, and then when I finish the project I weigh the remainder and adjust the amount used on the project page.

No comments:

Post a Comment