Friday, May 4, 2012

Maria's Diadem - Finished!

I almost finished this up last night, but I caught myself nodding off with only a handful of repeats left on the border.  Yes, I have nodded off while knitting, it is a weird sensation.  This picture does not do justice to the color of the yarn.  The colorway is Garden of Eden, and it has the most beautiful variegated greens.  I didn't realize how beautiful the yarn was until I took it outside with me yesterday while I was working on the border.  In artificial light the colors become muted.  Hopefully I will be able to get some beauty shots this weekend.  I hope that Maria likes it.  I'll offer her a choice of this one or mine (in Moon Purple), or maybe I should just give her the Moon Purple and keep this one.  I can always knit myself another one in Moon Purple.

Pattern:  Diadem by Ruth Greenwald
Yarn:  Serenity Silk + from Zen Yarn Garden
Needle:  US 5, 3.75mm

I also came home to yarny goodness from The Unique Sheep.  This was the first shipment of the Tea version of the Sip-n-Stitch club.  The tea is called Fiji and is Green Tea with Pineapple and Papaya.  It smells heavenly.  I love the yarn, it just made me smile.  The colorway is Pineapple, and the yarn is Verve.  Pineapple is just about my favorite snack, but you have to be careful what kind you get.  It has to be in the juice, rather than the syrup and we buy Del Monte.  Dole puts citric acid in theirs and it gives it an odd taste.  I just want to taste pineapple.  If you really want to have some fun, buy a whole pineapple and let it get a little over ripe before you cut it up.  It will actually start fermenting.


No comments:

Post a Comment