Thursday, December 22, 2016

On the Spice Market - Sample Knit

Next year The Unique Sheep will be offering kits for several of the popular shawls that have come out recently.  If you want a sneak peak at some of the upcoming kits you can check out Laura's blog post here.  I am currently knitting a sample for On the Spice Market by Melanie Berg.  I actually have the kit in Miss Babs, the yarn originally called for, but haven't knit it up yet.  Because of the color changes there are ends to join and weave in.  I've been weaving in as I go.
At this point I have finished up the Section 1 and 2 knitting and am working on Section 3.  In Section 3 I am carrying the contrast color up by knitting the second stitch on the right hand side with both the contrast color and the white.

Pattern:  On the Spice Market by Melanie Berg
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Luxe and Verve
Needle:  US 3 (3.25 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment