Saturday, December 17, 2016

Craftvent 2016 - Day 16

Color 9 was in the drawer today.  I was a little worried when I pulled out the mini skein, it was smaller than the other ones I have received, but the yarn is also thinner than the other ones I have worked with, so the yardage is close.
I finished up the knitting last night, but just didn't feel like taking a picture and blogging.  This finishes up Section 1/Clue 2 per the pattern.  At this point the pattern calls for starting Section 2/Clue 3 with Color 10.  This is a section of eyelet rows.  I'm going to work one more repeat of Section 1/Clue 2 with Color 10 and then start the eyelet section.  I will then work my way back through all of the skeins, including Color 9, which is currently not used in Section 2/Clue 3, using up each of the colors as I go by working plain rows between the eyelet sections.

Pattern:  2016 Craftvent Shawl by Rachel Roden of Unraveled Designs and Yarn
Yarn:
Color 1 - MJ Yarns Sophistisock in Cerulean Twilight
Color 2 - Baah La Jolla in Maldives
Color 3 - Lorna’s Laces Solemate in Pewter
Color 4 - Sweet Georgia Touch Love Sock in Ultraviolet
Color 5 - Zen Yarn Garden Serenity 20 in Jakey
Color 6 - Koigu KPM in 2405
Color 7 - Anzula Squishy in Aqua
Color 8 - madelinetosh BFL Sock in Fathom
Color 9 - Swans Island Fingering - Ikat Collection in Firefly Stonewall
Needle:  US 3 (3.25 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment