Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Craftvent 2016 - Day 13

There was yarn today - some very yummy Anzula Squishy in Aqua.  One of the fun things about this project is the chance to try out yarns that I've never used before - as if I need more favorites to tempt me.  I think I will modify the pattern just a little to use up all of the skeins when I start the next section.  It will probably mean that my color changes won't be at the ends of the rows, but that is okay with me.
I'm all caught up with the knitting.  There are three more colors to go before I start the next section.  I had to use the flash to take the picture, so it isn't the greatest, but you can see the way the colors are progressing.

I ended up falling asleep on my daybed last night, and when I got up to go to bed for real I decided to go ahead and block my Dragon Tooth Shawlette.  I did take a blocking photo, again with the flash, but I'll wait to post until I can get some beauty shots.

Pattern:  2016 Craftvent Shawl by Rachel Roden of Unraveled Designs and Yarn
Yarn:
Color 1 - MJ Yarns Sophistisock in Cerulean Twilight
Color 2 - Baah La Jolla in Maldives
Color 3 - Lorna’s Laces Solemate in Pewter
Color 4 - Sweet Georgia Touch Love Sock in Ultraviolet
Color 5 - Zen Yarn Garden Serenity 20 in Jakey
Color 6 - Koigu KPM in 2405
Color 7 - Anzula Squishy in Aqua
Needle:  US 3 (3.25 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment