Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Lion's Mane Cowl - One Section Done

Casting on for this project distracted me from my Craftvent Shawl last week.  This is the other project that I am gifting this Christmas - or I should say the original yarn and pattern for this project.  This is the Lion's Mane Cowl also by Amy Loberg.  When I was going through my stash in pursuit of the original yarn - I spotted this gradiance set and realized that it would be perfect for this project.
The colorway is Sunny Side Up and the yarn base is Sushi Socks, which I haven't used in a garment before, although I have used it in the Crochet Block Club.  The yarn is 60% Merino, 30% Bamboo and 10% Nylon.  The chart is all one piece, but when I set it up in knitCompanion I broke it up into sections where the markers shift.  Yes, I am actually using markers on this one.  These are the markers that came with the Jimmy Beans Craftvent Calendar.  The pattern calls for knitting the first 24 chart rows with US 5 and then switching to US 7 needles.  I am switching to US 6 needles after the first 12 chart rows, and will switch to US 7 needles when the pattern calls for.

Pattern:  Lion's Mane Cowl by Amy Loberg
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Sushi Socks in Sunny Side Up
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm), US 6 (4.0 mm), US 7 (4.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment