Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Lion's Mane Cowl - Sections Five and Six Done

I worked on this project most of Christmas Day down in Florida.  After I finished up Section 5 I had my step-daughter model it for a quick picture.
When I finished up Section 6, I took a quick shot of it on the hotel bed.
This morning I took a picture on my dress maker dummy (top photo).  At this point I had a decision to make, I knew that I would have a fair bit of yarn left over if I work the pattern as written, almost an entire skein, in fact, and I had to decide how I wanted to add to the existing pattern.  I knew that I wanted to repeat a section of the chart, but the real question was where to work in the repeat.  I could repeat a section that has increases, but then I will have to modify the subsequent charts to account for the extra stitches.  That would also be riskier when it comes to yarn usage, and I would have to do some calculations to make sure that I wouldn't run out.  And after all that effort I might find that what I wanted to do wouldn't work with the yarn amount that I have.  The easiest way to increase the pattern is to repeat rows 85-94, which is probably what I will end up doing.


Pattern:  Lion's Mane Cowl by Amy Loberg
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Sushi Socks in Sunny Side Up
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm), US 6 (4.0 mm), US 7 (4.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment