Sunday, December 11, 2016

Dragon Tooth Shawlette - Lace Patterning Done

This project has been my mostly mindless project for the past week.  It has been nice to have a project that didn't require me to do any math or figure out any modifications or deal with any color changes.  I did find a mistake in the chart.  Row 9 starts k2, ssk, and then you purl across till you get to the last 4 stitches, which should be k2tog, k2, but on the chart it has k2tog, p2.  I forgot that k2tog on 2 of the 4 repeats and didn't realize it until I was working the first row of the next repeat.  I fixed it by just working a k3tog on that row instead of the k2tog as the pattern called for.  I can't spot the difference, and that is all that matters.  Now all I have to do are the short rows to shape the shawl into more of a crescent.

Pattern:  Dragon Tooth Shawlette by Amy Loberg
Yarn:  Zen Yarn Garden Squooshy in Twilight
Needle:  US 6 (4.0 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment