Saturday, December 10, 2016

Craftvent 2016 - Day 10

Today there was yarn in the drawer so I was able to get back to knitting, as well as a card with some good advice - 'tis the season for giving.  Each section consists of 10 rows of 2 colors alternating every 2 rows, so each new color allows me to work one more section, as well as the first 2 rows of the next section.  Once I get to color 10 I'll start using the colors in the reverse order.  Colors 11 and 12 are reserved for the end.

The yarn today is one of my favorites, Zen Yarn Garden Serenity 20.  I have at least 60 skeins in my stash. A lot of those skeins are singletons, but I also have a handful or two of  2 or 3 skeins of the same color.

I did try the Spiced Apple Cider mix this morning, and it was actually pretty good.  I am always dubious of powdered drink mixes like these, but I was pleasantly surprised.  I think it has a lot of sugar in it though - it had 80 calories for one little cup.

On another note, my camera is working again.  Turns out the battery died.  It uses a lithium-ion rechargeable battery and when I pulled it out I could see that it had popped.  The case did not rupture, but it was bulging slightly.  Pretty good battery design.  Lithium-ion batteries can be very dangerous, as we've seen in the news.  In my business we actually have a battery safety program that all of our batteries have to go through - a series of safety and lifecycle tests to qualify them for use in our applications.  I ordered a replacement and once it was charged up I installed it and the camera started working again.

Pattern:  2016 Craftvent Shawl by Rachel Roden of Unraveled Designs and Yarn
Yarn:
Color 1 - MJ Yarns Sophistisock in Cerulean Twilight
Color 2 - Baah La Jolla in Maldives
Color 3 - Lorna’s Laces Solemate in Pewter
Color 4 - Sweet Georgia Touch Love Sock in Ultraviolet
Color 5 - Zen Yarn Garden Serenity 20 in Jakey
Needle:  US 3 (3.25 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment