Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Basic Toe Up Socks 6 - One Foot Done

After I had finished up the last pair of Basic Toe Up Socks that had been riding around in my work bag for approximately 10 months, I had placed a fresh cake of yarn in the bag for the eventuality of casting on another pair.  Having a small, easy project on the needles or available for casting on at a moments notice is an essential in my book.  Yesterday I was faced with the problem of what to work on during the car ride back from Florida.  I didn't really want to work on any of the main projects that I had brought with me, so I pulled out my little project bag from my work bag and cast on another pair of toe up socks.  I made it through to the heel shaping before it go too dark, and then finished up turning the heel after I got home.  I still find sock knitting, especially the whole turning of the heel to be magical.
I really like the colors of this one.  Sometimes when I start knitting the skein up I wonder why I bought those colors.  I did manage to find this one on the Biscotte web site.  The color is Paturage.

Pattern:  Basic Toe-Up Sock from Custom Socks by Kate Atherley
Yarn:  Biscotte & Cie Felix
Needle:  US 1 (2.25 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment