Saturday, April 27, 2013

Treasure Island - Border 1/4 Done

This is the kind of never-ending border that I like because it is easy to measure your progress.  Every 14 repeats is a section, every section is one-eighth of the shawl.  Every section I pause and weigh my yarn to see how I'm doing.  Now that I've seen the finished design I understand what Janine was doing with the optional clue - waves on the beach.  She puts those organic touches in her designs and there is usually an asymmetrical element to it that always just throws me until I see the finished design.  Of course, by then I've always tweaked the design to make it symmetric and removed that element.  One of these days maybe I'll get over my aversion to the asymmetry and trust the designer.  I think part of the problem is that I am so visual when I am knitting lace, I'm reading the chart and reading my knitting, and when things don't line up it just really throws me, it almost makes my head hurt.  Back to my border, and Creature Features on TCM.

Pattern:  Treasure Island Octagonal Shawl by Janine le Cras, converted into an Octagonal Cape by me
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Luxe in Tranquility
Needle:  US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment