Saturday, April 13, 2013

Treasure Island Cape - Clue 5 Done!

After the first couple of rows, this clue was pretty easy and knit up pretty quickly, when you consider how long each row is.  That is the challenge with these kinds of shawls.  You feel a bit like you're climbing a mountain, or on an endless treadmill.  I try to ignore how long each row is and just try to enjoy the process.  In fact lace knitting has taught me a lot about enjoying the process, even those long purl rows.  When I first started knitting I hated purling, it just felt so awkward, but knitting lace has taught me to appreciate those resting rows.

Pattern:  Treasure Island Octagonal Shawl by Janine le Cras, converted into an Octagonal Cape by me
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Luxe in Tranquility
Needle:  US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment