Sunday, April 7, 2013

"Beyonce" Structured Tee - Assembly Done

This morning I redid the shoulders with short row shaping and did the three needle bind off to join them.  Then I did the armhole edging, which consisted of picking up stitches and then immediately binding them off again knitwise.  This yields a purled edging next to a single column of knit stitches.  I have seen a number of projects where multiple rows were knit or purled before the bind off, resulting in a rolled armhole edging, similar to what is called for with neck edging.  Seaming would have been easier if I had thought to keep a knit two edging on the bodice.  This would also have continued the knit edging on the corset and provided a more finished look, but I am not going to rip back and redo this.  Maybe if I make another.  Now all I have to do is pick up the stitches for the peplum, and then do the neck edging and it will be finished.

Pattern:  "Beyonce" Structured Tee - S. Charles Collezione
Yarn:  S. Charles Collezione Nepal
Needle:  US 4 (3.5 mm)


No comments:

Post a Comment