Saturday, April 27, 2013

Treasure Island - Extra Clue Done!

After a week of steady work and regular weighing of my yarn I have finished the additional clue that I designed, extending the design from Clue 6 to what I thought was a logical conclusion.  My yarn usage calculations are spot on and I have enough, just enough, to finish the border.  According to my calculations I will need a little less than 62 grams to knit the border, and I have a little more than 62 grams of yarn left.  For the border, I will use half of skein 5, then switch to skein 6, then switch back to skein 5.  Here is a close up of the additional clue to show the bead colors.

Pattern:  Treasure Island Octagonal Shawl by Janine le Cras, converted into an Octagonal Cape by me
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Luxe in Tranquility
Needle:  US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment