Monday, April 1, 2013

"Beyonce" Structured Tee - Back Done

I picked this project up again last night.  I'm not sure why I haven't felt motivated to work on it, but last night I wanted something simple, and I wanted something that I could make noticeable progress on, a work in progress that I could finish fairly quickly.  I had put it down just after I started the armhole shaping.  I got most of the rest of it done last night and then finished it up this afternoon.  I ended up staying home from work today with the remains of a lingering migraine that has been dogging me for the last week.  This was just about all the mental energy that I could manage today.  I didn't even do short rows for the shoulder and neck shaping, which is something that I would ordinarily do, my brain just wasn't up for it today.  I am a little perturbed at how obvious the rowing is on the top part of the bodice.  The bottom part is in stockinette, but the top part is in reverse stockinette and the purl ridges really accentuate the rowing.  Hopefully once it dries and is worn once or twice things will stretch out and even up some.  The yarn is 100% cotton so it doesn't have the give and memory that wool has, so things just stand out.  You can also really see where the decreases are, too.

Pattern:  "Beyonce" Structured Tee - S. Charles Collezione
Yarn:  S. Charles Collezione Nepal
Needle:  US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment