Saturday, April 6, 2013

Two Roads Mystery KAL - Clue 1 Done

This the second Zen Butterfly Mystery knit along, offered by Zen Yarn Garden and Meghan Jackson aka Butterflyknits.  The first one was Triffid.  They added another twist with this one.  Two sizes, and if you decided to do the larger size, two yarn colors, and two choices for the first clue - City Road or Country Road.  I went for Country Road.  The yarn is Serenity Silk Single in Silver Moon.

Pattern:  Two Roads by Meghan Jackson (Country Road)
Yarn:  Serenity Silk Single in Silver Moon
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

Actually, I initially did this clue with some Serenity Single Lace because I didn't want to wait for my yarn and felt like taking a break from my Treasure Island Cape.  I confused the two yarns when I looked at the instructions for the first clue.  On that one I went for the City Road because I didn't want to do the twisted stitches with the dark yarn that I had picked.  Here is that attempt:
I ended up ripping it out because when I was knitting the clue in the club yarn I realized that I had not knit this clue correctly.  That is what happens when I don't read all of the written instructions and just charge ahead with the charts.  I may still go back and do a lace weight version.  But first, back to my Treasure Island Cape.  I have 8 rows to go on Clue 4.

Pattern:  Two Roads by Meghan Jackson (City Road)
Yarn:  Serenity Single Lace in Spirulina
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment