Thursday, May 2, 2013

Treasure Island Lace Cape - Done!

I finished this up Monday night, but didn't block it until Tuesday and then decided that I needed to tweak the blocking but didn't feel like doing that until tonight.  The dark line is where the fronts overlap, and where I needed to make the adjustment, the fronts really stretched and were distorting the shape.  Now at least all of the edges that are supposed to be parallel are parallel.  I like the way my extra clue came out.  I wish that I had enough of skein 6 to do the complete border with it because I really like the contrast, but I was a little short.  Once I had the border memorized and felt confident that I wouldn't screw it up things went very quickly.  I really like that part of knitting a shawl, the gradual unfolding as the border goes on and the shawl comes off the needles.

While I was working on it Monday night I had it draped across my lap and the daybed.


Pattern:  Treasure Island Octagonal Shawl by Janine le Cras, converted into an Octagonal Cape by me
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Luxe in Tranquility
Needle:  US 4 (3.5 mm)

4 comments: