Monday, May 6, 2013

Country Road - Done!

I finished this up last night, having spent all weekend on the border.  It was an easy pattern to remember, although I still messed it up if I wasn't paying attention.  I really like the shape, it is very evocative of wings.  I wouldn't normally have picked these colors, but lately I've been trying to push my color boundaries.  It was a beautiful weekend, but today it is gray and rainy, so in order to get a shot of the shawl off the blocking mats I had to resort to using my studio.  It has natural spectrum lights, but it is also where a lot of the library lives, so no plain white background.
The shawl is a really great shape and should be easy to wear, and warm.
You can catch a glimpse of some of my overflow stash peaking into the picture on the left.  And before you ask, those white things at the base of the spines are book labels.  Our books are cataloged in a database according to the Library of Congress card catalog system, and I print labels with all of the pertinent information on them and put them on the books when I shelve them.

Pattern:  Two Roads by Meghan Jackson (Country Road)
Yarn:  Serenity Silk Single in Silver Moon and Bronze Age
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment