Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Wavelettes Shawl - Body Repeats done on first half

Last night I finished up the 14th repeat of the body chart.  I've been weighing my yarn after each repeat and I have a spreadsheet where I can easily calculate how many repeats I can get with the yarn I have.  I played around for a little while with doing more repeats of the body chart than the pattern called for but decided that if I have extra yarn I will do extra repeats of the border chart.  The nice thing about the border chart is that I can do half of it if I want to, so right now I am planning on doing 5.5 repeats of the border chart, which would give me the most efficient usage of my yarn, while minimizing the risk of running out on the bind off.

14 repeats of the body chart used 86 grams of yarn.

Pattern:  Wavelettes Shawl by Janine le Cras published in Twist Collective Spring 2013
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Pashmi in White Queen's Castle
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment