Saturday, March 23, 2013

Treasure Island - Clue 2 Done!

I finished up Clue 2 of my Octagonal Cape version of the latest Unique Sheep Mystery Knit Along, Treasure Island, this morning.  My design modification has caused quite a stir over on Ravelry, and there are several people following my lead, so now I really have to make sure that I keep up with the clues.  There is also a group that is doing it as a crescent, or three-quarter shawl, so not only did I start a bit of a revolution, but I also helped create more revolutionaries. It has been quite exciting.

I wanted to get a sense of how the cape will look when worn, so I put it on my dress maker dummy.  The cord is a bit twisty and I didn't try to pin anything down to tame it, so it looks a little like a costume from an old Flash Gordon serial.

Pattern:  Treasure Island by Janine le Cras
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Luxe in Tranquility
Needle:  US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment