Sunday, March 17, 2013

The Little Mermaid - Clue 5 Done!

I had actually knit two-thirds of this clue right after finishing clue 4, but then set it aside while I focused on getting caught up on my crochet blocks.  I picked this back up yesterday after finishing my March 2013 crochet blocks.  This clue was a bit more challenging to work because it has lace patterning on all rows.  This is not an issue when you are knitting it in the round (or the square, as the case may be), but when you are knitting flat you have to do those lace stitches from the wrong side, so to speak.  It wasn't as hard as I was afraid it would be.  I fired up my lace charting software (Knit Visualizer) and made myself a new key for the stitches so I could get the instructions for doing them on the wrong side.  I had to do some purling two together through the back loop, but the yarn has a nice twist so it doesn't fray easily, and my Addi Lace needles are nice and pointy.  The shawl looks like a squidgy mess right now, and I am amazed at how much it scrunches on the needles.  I could put it on longer needles, but I really don't like working on the really long ones, I just find them awkward to handle.  I am looking forward to the reveal when it is finally done and blocked.

Pattern: The Little Mermaid by Janine le Cras
Yarn: The Unique Sheep Ling in Bliss
Needle: US 3 (3.25 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment