Sunday, March 17, 2013

Ferris Wheel - Bloth Blocks Done

I was pretty lazy last week when it came to crafting.  I did a little weaving on my Silk Twill Scarf but didn't touch my crochet or knitting projects.  I did finish the book I was reading - The Map of True Places, by Brunonia Barry.  I had read her first book - The Lace Reader, obviously attracted by the title, and had really enjoyed it.  I'm not sure how I would classify the books - literature, contemporary fiction - I guess you could say that in both books the main characters are trying to understand themselves and their pasts, but there is so much more going on than that.  Her writing is beautiful, she has a wonderful narrative flow.  Of course, now I face the quandary of what to read next.

The week started out kind of rough, a carryover from the previous week, but ended well, so come Friday I was ready to be creative again.  I cranked out the first clue of the latest Unique Sheep Mystery Knit Along, and yesterday morning I cranked out the second block of the March 2013 shipment.  The pattern was fun, but working with the darker yarns was a bit challenging and required good lighting.  I will probably make this block again out of some of my leftovers using brighter colors.

Pattern:  Ferris Wheel by Donna Kay Lacey, March 2013 Unique Sheep Crochet Block
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Verve in Coal and Earth
Hook:  2.75 mm

Post Script - 17 March 2013.  It has been pointed out to me by Margaret MacInnis that this crochet block pattern is actually from a vintage pattern - Cathedral Window Tablecloth by Cecilia Vanek.  Just wanted to make sure that credit went where it was due.

No comments:

Post a Comment