Monday, December 31, 2012

Well, this is a little embarrasing...

When I pinned out my Robin Hood shawl yesterday morning I did not pin my points out correctly.  They are not symmetric, a situation immediately made apparent by the fact that the beads do not line up correctly.  I really should have noticed it and fixed it, and I am a little chagrined that I did not.  I can only plead reduced mental capacity due to a migraine.  When I unpinned it this morning the error was glaringly obvious and I knew that it would bother me unless I fixed it, but I really didn't want to reblock the entire shawl.  I decided to try just reblocking the points.
I spritzed just the points that needed fixing with my handy dandy spray bottle and pinned them out.  You can see that I did get one point right (top right hand side).  We'll see if it works.

Pattern:  Robin Hood by Janine le Cras
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Tinsel Toes in Ardent
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment