Sunday, December 30, 2012

Robin Hood Mystery Shawl - Done!

I finished up the knitting and wove in the ends last night, but put off blocking until this morning.  When blocking fingering weight I don't get as aggressive as I do with lace weight.  I noticed with this pattern that the ribbing in the last couple of clues tended to pull the shawl in more than the first couple of clues did, so I knew that the width would be set by the ends rather than the middle.  As I laid out the wet shawl I gently pulled it into shape being careful to not stretch it so much that the pins along the edges caused a scalloping effect.  I like to keep the edges as straight as possible.  Once all the edges were pinned out I pinned out the ends.  Here is a close up of one of the ends so you can see the beads.

Pattern:  Robin Hood Stole by Janine le Cras
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Tinsel Toes in Ardent, I used 174 grams of a 300 gram set
Needles:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment