Monday, December 31, 2012

Color Study Shawl #3

As soon as I had finished up the Robin Hood Shawl I cast on another crescent shaped shawl to use up the leftover yarn.  This is the third one of these shawls that I have done with leftover gradiance yarn sets that I have now decided to dub my Color Study series, this shawl will get a name at some point.  The first was Tart Berries and Honey and the second was Rose Bud.  I like these shawls because they really showcase the colors of these gradiance sets.  I love working with the gradiance colors, but in a lace shawl they can be overshadowed by the stitch work.  These simple crescent shawls let you really see the interplay of colors, and the contrast border kicks things up a notch.  Plus it is a great way to use up leftovers.  I hate having leftover yarn.  And, as an added bonus, if you need another one, the shawls are great to wear.  They stay in place and are warm.  I am currently wearing Rose Bud.  I usually wear Tart Berries and Honey, but decided to give it a little rest.  At this point I have used up all of skein 1 and am about half way through skein 2.

Pattern:  Over the Moon by Vicki Mikulak
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Tinsel Toes in Ardent
Needles:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment