Saturday, December 8, 2012

Isis II - All I need now is a clasp

I already have a necklace that I named Isis, but this one really reminds me of Isis, with the amethyst drop fringe evocative of the feathers from the winged Isis figure.  I thought about naming it after Nefertiti, but it just didn't feel right, so I decided to go with Isis II.  I don't really have a good clasp for the necklace though, I don't have much in gold and I wanted something fairly substantial.  I ordered a couple from A Grain of Sand.

Materials:
Amethyst gemstone (12.44 carat) purchased from Unfinished Creations in Yellow Springs, OH
Amethyst drops purchased from Soft Flex
Gold seed beads (size 14 - no idea of the stock #)
Purple seed beads (size 11 and size 14 - Beadcats stock # 2-11-748-90 and 2-14-749-90 clear lined with cool purple)
Purple delicas (size 11 - Toho Aiko TB-328)
Gold and Purple thread (KO)

No comments:

Post a Comment