Thursday, December 27, 2012

Honey Wheat Pullover - Finished!

I took this project with me on our annual trip to Florida to visit Bruce's Mom.  That is the reason I started it, I needed some good car knitting.  I knit most of the body on the trip down, knit one sleeve on Christmas Eve and the other on Christmas day.  I still need to block it. I did a couple of minor modifications to the pattern.  I did not do any decreases in the sleeves until I got to the detail patterning just above the cuff, then I did all of the decreases evenly spaced around the row.  I also replaced the k1, p1 ribbing with k2, p1 ribbing, which I prefer the look of.  On the sleeve cuffs the ribbing ended up lining up with the detail pattern quite nicely.

Pattern:  Bombay Sapphire by Thea Colman (Baby Cocktails)
Yarn:  Plucky Knitter Primo Worsted in Honey Wilkes
Needles:  US 6 (4 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment