Saturday, November 25, 2023

Winter Wonderland Dress - Take Two

Yesterday my yarn told me that it didn’t want to be a Lahja dress, so I went in search of another pattern and decided on the Githa by Linda Marveng.  This is a simple sleeveless tunic with a matching cowl/capelet/shoulder warmer. The original is knit in a sport weight yarn, and this is definitely a fingering weight, so my gauge is tighter.  Instead of 24 stitches and 32 rows for 4 inches, I get 24 stitches and 32 rows for 3.5 inches, but the design is simple enough that it is easy to adjust for my gauge by knitting a larger size and adjusting lengths appropriately.  It is bottom up so I am starting with skein 24, and whatever I don’t use in the tunic I will use in the cowl/capelet/shoulder warmer.  It is also a simple enough pattern that I can take it to work.  I still want to make the Lahja Dress, and I have another yarn set that I may use for it, but I will still have to do math to adjust for my gauge, so that one is going back in to the queue.  I do love the red that I am currently working with.  In the picture above I have finished skein 24 and almost finished skein 23.  I am simply joining the next skein as each one runs out.

Pattern:  Githa by Linda Marveng
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep 4 Ply SW Merino Fingering
Needle:  US 2.5 (3.0 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment