Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Guava Vest - Body Done!

I worked the two front pieces at the same time, from both ends of the cake.  For the back I used a new skein.  I had to figure out the back neck shaping, as that was one place where the translation didn’t work so well, but I managed to do something that looks good.  The pattern has you slip the first stitch of the rows, but I worked the body in the round, so no slipped stitches there, and when I separated for the front and back I did not slip any stitches there either.  The only place I slipped stitches was on the decreases at the beginning of the rows for the back neck shaping to avoid the stair step effect of bound off stitches, which worked quite well.  All I have left is the ribbing on the arm and neck edges.  I did have to knit about half of the upper back over again.  When I got to the point where I needed to start the back neck shaping, I placed my markers and discovered that I was short a stitch.  Turns out I had done an extra decrease back on row 27 (of 62).  Sigh.  I ripped back, picked up the stitches again and worked it over.  I knew that I could have fudged it, but I didn’t want to.

Pattern:  Goiaba by Svetlana  Zholobova
Yarn:  Purl Soho Plenty
Needles:  US 7 (4.5 mm), US 6 (4.0 mm)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment