Monday, November 20, 2023

Ramea - Right Sleeve Done!

After finishing the right front sleeve I started working the right back sleeve using the stitches on the other needle.  I had some issues with the knitting rowing out using the Addi needle that I used for the cast on, so I switched to another Knit Picks needle identical to the one that I had used to work the right front sleeve and that seemed to fix the issue.
I probably should have blocked before I did the Kitchener stitch to join the sleeve as I think it would have made it easier, but I still managed to complete it and it looks okay.
After I finished joining the two edges I did give it a quick block just to see how it would fit.  The top is close fitting, but I was a little concerned after trying on the unblocked sleeve.  It did, however, relax a little after blocking and fit fine.  I then tackled the edging on the sleeve cuff.  The pattern calls for picking up stitches, knitting one row and then working an I-cord bind off.  I picked up the stitches with a 2.5 mm needle, and worked one row, but the I-cord bind off just didn’t look good with this yarn, so I did a simple bind off with 2.25 mm needles.  It does flair a little, but I think that will block out and, in any event, I did not want the cuff to be tight, so I’m okay with a little flair there.


No comments:

Post a Comment