Saturday, November 18, 2023

Winter Wonderland Dress - Cast On!

Last year I knitted up a sport weight Advent set from the Unique Sheep into a dress, I dubbed it Mermaid, as that was the colorway of the set.  I have worn it and like it very much.  The pattern for that one was done with a sweater app based upon my stitch gauge.  Since then I have been keeping an eye out for dress patterns, either knit or crochet, and this past summer Meiju (MeijuKP on Ravelry) from Helsinki published the Lahja Dress.  It is a bit like a sweatshirt dress, raglan sleeves, ribbing on all the edges, but it is a marvelous blank canvas for me to work with.  This is the Advent set that I’m using:

The first half of the set is called “ Walking in a Winter Wonderland” and the last half is called “It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas”.  It is an Advent set I have had sitting around for several years.

Pattern:  Lahja Dress by Meiju K-P
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep 4 Ply SW Merino Fingering
Needles:  US 1.5 (2.5 mm), US 2.5 (3.0 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment