Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Guava Vest - Lower Body Done!

Knitting round and round with no shaping goes quickly.  And I quickly knit up the two skeins (raveling from my previous effort).  I am going with a slightly cropped length.  This should come to just the top of my hip.  I have tried it on and the size appears to be good.  I have been using Google Translate to interpret the pattern instructions, which are in Portuguese, but I really wanted to upload the PDF and get a full translation.  Unfortunately the file size was bigger than Google Translate would take, so I emailed it to myself at work (where I have full up Adobe Acrobat), saved it as a reduced file size, and then uploaded it to Google Translate and got a translated file back.  It was pretty slick.  There are a few terms that don’t translate quite right, so still some interpretation for me to do, but way better than the piecemeal manner I was going about before.  One of the things that I learned from the translated copy is that Goiaba is Guava, which is much easier for me to pronounce and does not trigger the spell check (and the occasional auto-correct).

Pattern:  Guava Vest by Svetlana Zholobava
Yarn:  Purl Soho Plenty
Needles:  US 7 (4.5 mm), US 6 (4.0 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment