Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Ramea - Cast On!

I fell in love with this pattern when I saw it on Fleece & Harmony while I was binge watching old episodes.  I bought the pattern, and several others, and then went stash diving.  I found a yarn that I thought would work for the main color, but I didn’t have any other colors for the colorwork, so I bought a selection of colors that I thought would work, and happily they have.  I swatched for it back in the summer, and got gauge with the recommended needles and, more importantly, I really like the fabric I’m getting. The colorwork band was pretty fiddly to work, with the provisional cast on (I used Judy Becker’s figure 8 cast on), and the sewing reinforcing my steek is not the prettiest, but not bad for having to work in a constricted space while trying to keep knitting needles out of the way.

Pattern:  Ramea by Jennifer Beale
Yarn:  Karabella Yarns Aurora 4
Needles:  US 1 (2.25 mm), US 1.5 (2.5 mm), US 2.5 (3.0 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment