Monday, May 30, 2022

Elora - Five Colors Done

I have finished up my fifth color and have two cute little sleeve caps.  I will work the sleeves in turn, using up each of my skeins.  I have already caked up the next skein and I went ahead and divided it into two almost equal balls.  It is hard to get them exactly equal.

I picked up 90 stitches around the armhole for the sleeve.  The number of stitches is determined by how big you need the circumference of the sleeve to be at its widest.  Once you pick up the stitches, you work around exactly two-thirds of the stitches and start working the short rows, working back to the same point on the other side of the armhole, and continuing to work back and forth adding one stitch on each row until you get down to the underarm stitches.  It always takes me a couple of tries to get the pick up just right, and I went ahead and picked up the stitches for both sleeves to make sure that I could get them to match exactly.  I also put in stitch markers to mark the patterned section and where I would start turning for the short rows.  Conveniently enough, the patterned section fit perfectly into the initial row of the short rows.  I really love working set in top down sleeves this way as you get a perfectly shaped sleeve cap that you really cannot get knitting a sleeve separately from the bottom up.

Pattern:  Elora by Linda Marveng
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Kiri in Brick & Clay Ombré 
Needle:  US 2.5 (3. 0 mm)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment