Saturday, May 14, 2022

Hearthside Crochet Along - Clue 4 Done!

My yarn for clue 4 arrived this past week so I immediately wound it and started work.  This one didn’t take me too long, but definitely took me longer than it should have.  First I came up short on the stitch count on one of the sides after the first row.  Turns out I had missed working a stitch on the last row for the previous clue.  Fortunately it was towards the end of the last row of that clue, so it was an easy fix.  Then I got the entire first round done and did not like the join of the first round when I came around to start the next round, so I ripped back and started over.  Then I got the first round finished again and discovered I had missed a chain one, right at the beginning, after the first two stitches.  So I ripped back again.  Sigh.  I do like the fact that ripping is so easy in crochet, because I tend to do a fair bit.  But now it is all done and I love it.  The Luster Worsted is very soft and it drapes beautifully.  Now I just have to wait for the next color and the next clue.

Pattern:  Hearthside by Jane Vanselous
Yarn:  Expression Fiber Arts Luster Worsted
Hook:  5.0 mm (H)


No comments:

Post a Comment