Saturday, May 14, 2022

Midnight Rose - First Lace Section Done!

This one has been languishing in my WIPs pile for a while now.  I cast it on back on February 23 and I only knit a few rows before I had to set it aside to focus on a test knit.  But now the test knit is done I can focus on finishing some of my WIPs (before I start casting on more!).  The first lace section actually knit up pretty easily.  I have markers to keep me on track - I rarely use markers but they are definitely useful on this pattern - and the yarn is a real joy to work with.  The yarn is Serenity 20 from Zen Yarn Garden and at one point (based on the amount in my stash) it was my favorite fingering weight yarn.  It still is one of my favorites.

As I approached the first mosaic section I realized that I did not want to use one of the Dream in Color yarns that I had picked out.  I really wanted to use another Serenity 20 yarn.  So back I went to my stash.  Actually, I just looked at my stash of Serenity 20 on Ravelry, came up with a couple of possibilities, and then went to my stash.  I ended up picking Harvest Pear.  Despite the name and color inspiration it reminds me of a rose garden.  I am a few rows in to the first mosaic section and am very happy with how the colors are playing together.


Pattern:  Knit Love Shawl by Ambah O’Brien
Yarn:  Serenity 20 by Zen Yarn Garden
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment