Saturday, May 28, 2022

Elora - Three Colors Done

I have almost finished up my third skein and I am ready to start the armhole and neck shaping.  I have already wound my next skein, and divided it into two not quite equal balls.  The one for the back is a little bit bigger than the one that I will be using for the left and right fronts (knitting from both ends).  I spent this morning charting up all three sections - left front, right front, and back - completely so that I don’t have to think about any of the shaping or how to modify the pattern as my stitch count decreases.  I use the charting program Stitchmastery.  I started with the left front, and used my knitting to make sure that I had everything correct.  Once the left front was completed it was easy to get the right front - I just saved the file as a new file and flipped the chart vertically.  The back was easy, once I had the armhole shaping and the neck shaping charted.  I will be knitting all three parts simultaneously using two balls, one ball for the back and one ball for the fronts (working from both ends).

I received an ear burn from Linda Marveng today - she had seen my second post on this project and was chuffed about it.  She posted about it in her news thread on her forum.  I am super chuffed about the recognition.

Pattern:  Elora by Linda Marveng
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Kiri in Brick & Clay Ombré 
Needle:  US 2.5 (3.0 mm)


No comments:

Post a Comment