Saturday, June 26, 2021

Periwinkle Shrug - Restart

I had actually pulled this out a couple of months ago and had made considerable progress when I decided that I needed a do over.  This is a project from 2014 that has been hibernating for quite some time.  I decided as I was working the back that I had made the sleeve too long and now I risked running out of yarn before I completed the other sleeve.  The reason I had made the sleeve too long is that I wanted more width in the back.  So, I did some measuring and counting and decided that I just needed to increase faster by reducing the number of rows that I knit between increases.  I ended up going with increases every 6 rows.  Then I cast on again.
I will confess that I do not find this project very interesting to knit.  The yarn is lovely, but the knitting is pretty boring.  It does make a good project to work on when I can’t find anything else to work on, or I’m too tired to work on something more complicated, or I’m watching something that I actually need to pay attention to.

Pattern:  Quicksilver Lace Shrug by Kristiina V.
Yarn:  Cascade Yarns Ultra Pima
Needle:  US 2.5 (3 mm)


1 comment:

  1. I made a Scrawl one time long long ago.....love it still...but it got to be SO BORING once I was on the back of it....did not enjoy knitting it at all (and once upon a time - BEFORE I started it - I thought this was going to make some Christmas presents!)

    ReplyDelete