Saturday, June 5, 2021

Aqueous Shawl - Cast On & Garter Section 1 Done

 

It is time for Camp Loopy!  This year the theme is Circus Camp, and keeping with the three ring theme the project has to have three of something.  I went with three different stitch patterns.  This pattern has four different stitch patterns.  These are the original colors that I had picked:
Unfortunately there wasn’t enough contrast between the Nightrain (on the left) and Sarah’s Violet (on the right) so I ordered a skein of Tupelo Honey and it came in record time, so I was able to cast on last night.
The garter stitch section was pretty easy.  I got into the rhythm of the increases and didn’t count until the end and was delighted to find I had the correct stitch count.  After taking a picture I started on the next section, the Dainty Chevron section.  Lace.  Worked on both sides.  And no chart.  Ugh.  I struggled with the written directions last night and got about half way through when I set it aside after finding a couple of errors. This morning I put in one of my after-thought lifelines and ripped back.  Then I spent most of today charting the section.  It was pretty challenging at first, but once I figured out the pattern it went well.  I was even able to compress the chart with repeats and make everything line up.  The knitting went quickly, although I did find a couple of minor mistakes in my charting.  I did end up with one more stitch than the pattern.  But I’m not going to worry about it.

Pattern:  Aqueous Depths in Motion Shawl by Crystal Lee Day
Yarn:  Magpie Fibers Swanky DK
Needle:  US 7 (4.5 mm)


No comments:

Post a Comment