Saturday, June 5, 2021

Seascair Blanket - Two Squares Done

 

Last year I signed up for Carol Feller’s Celtic Knit Club 2021.  I thought it would be something different to do.  The yarn is Blasta, a worsted weight that is 60% Fine Irish Wool, and 40% New Zealand Wool spun by Donegal Yarns in Donegal Ireland for her club.  It is non-superwash and I’m really starting to like the “old fashioned” yarns.  I think it is easier to knit them to gauge and to knit them evenly because it is sticky.  It seems to naturally knit up at a tighter more even gauge.  I just grabbed the needle size recommended and the squares blocked out to exactly the called for measurements (11 inches square).

I needed some mindless knitting the other day, so I grabbed a cake and cast on.  I have actually knitted all four of these plain squares from the first shipment, but the other two still need to be blocked, and Friday I started the first of the two cabled squares.  This color is Liath.

Pattern:  Seascair Blanket by Carol Feller
Yarn:  Donegal Yarns Blasta
Needle:  US 6 (4 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment