Sunday, June 13, 2021

Aqueous Shawl - Broken Arrow Section 2 Done

 

So, now I have worked through Garter Section 4, Broken Arrow Section 2 and Garter Section 5.  Starting with Garter Section 4 the stitch count of the shawl remains essentially constant (134 stitches on right side rows, 135 stitches on wrong side rows), with increases only on the section before the marker.  I have Dainty Chevrons Section 2 and Garter Section 6 left.  I was getting very nervous about having enough yarn, so I weighed my skeins to get yarn usage data during Garter Section 5 and I should just barely make it.  Remember how I have an extra stitch?  And how that extra stitch was on the section after the marker?  Well, when I worked the first pattern row in Broken Arrow Section 2 it worked.  No extra stitch.  Although there was an error in the pattern at the end of the row - it stated “repeat to 3 sts left, sl2 wyib, k2”.  It should have been sl1 wyib, k2 if you only have 3 stitches left.  I was fully expecting to have 4 stitches based upon where my extra stitch was, and was surprised when I didn’t.  So then I worked the wrong side row and discovered that my extra stitch was now in the section before the marker.  I have no idea how that could have happened as I have been extremely careful in the garter sections on where the increases occur.  I’ll be sending all of my notes as well as my charts to the designer when I’m done, so she can update the pattern.  I have charted the Dainty Chevrons Section 2 - much easier than charting the first one now that I know that lace pattern - and it is all set up in knitCompanion.

Pattern:  Aqueous Depths in Motion Shawl by Crystal Lee Day 
Yarn:  Magpie Fibers Swanky DK
Needle: US 7 (4.5 mm) 

No comments:

Post a Comment